Dec 19, 2013

c r u s i n '

I know this is way over due, and the
longest post of my life, BUT better late than never right!

 
This Thanksgiving was definitely different for me
than any other Thanksgiving.
We usually do cold things when its cold outside. 
[Like snowmobile, ski, & sparking. Or go somewhere colder than slc]
BUT NO, NOT THIS YEAR.

WE WENT CRUSIN'!!!

I guess its a mahoney thing to stop at whiskey petes
for breakfast anytime you drive by. So we did!
RANDOM:
We learned a ton about how the mafia started running Vegas
and even more about bonnie & clyde. 
Jer and I decided that if this whole dentist thing doesn't
work out, we are going to be the next bonnie & clyde.


[this is the car that bonnie & clyde got taken down in. you can't
see all the bullet holes in these pictures but it is 
DESTROYED! together they were shot over 50 times.
eeek unreal huh!]  


 [we collect these pretty little squished pennies,
so of course we had to get one]


first stop: C A T A L I N A

If you haven't been to this charming island
you are truly missing out. It is built right into
the hillside and every little house is a different color with their
 very own style. You can tell what kind of 
person lives in each house just by looking at it.
I love it when people take the time to make their 
house their home.
It is the funnest place ever.
It is seriously everything that I love.

The plan was to go scuba diving, but since some
of the the girls weren't certified the boys went
and the girls rented a golf cart and drove around 
the island instead! We had a blast!
Mary took the wheel and I happily sat in the back
so I could soak in all the prettiness! 

I was a little bummed I didn't go scuba diving because
Jer said it was super rad in the kelp beds
-kinda like an under water forest-
and with me wanting to be a mermaid when I grow up and all,
I like to go scuba diving every chance I get-
cause its pretty much like being a mermaid
haha



[the new sister in-laws- natalie, mary, & the not so new sister in-law sarah]



 [a little pet cemetery we stumbled upon
it was actually really cute and funny to see all the
head stones. like will the fish!]



second stop: E N S A N A D A 

First walked through the fish market which I loved!! Must be
the Norwegian in me cause everyone else ran through it!
Then we went to the street markets...and holy cow!
I felt like every time I looked at something the vendors started a fight! Ahh so overwhelming. The last time I went to Mexico
I swear it wasn't so hard to buy STUFF.
And I definitely don't remember 'barganing'
getting my heart pumping so fast! haha 
oh! And dont forget about the fish tacos!






[jer was just lovin it here-
brought him back to the good old mission days]

[haha i just had to sneak a picture! except i think he knew....]


 [so good and so fresh. i wasn't too sure about eating here but it was amazing. and i watched them cook it-so its all good right!?]

 [questionable salsa]


The next two days we were just at sea so we had a lot of time
to goof around and eat. Which was good cause it was Thanksgiving!
The food was so yummy but not as good as
my moms thanksgiving feast,
which I'm still craving cause I had spinach fettuccine
with chicken for thanksgiving dinner.


 [yes-that is escargot. which for the record i tried! they do a pretty good job at making it look good but it was nast!
the other crazy things jer tried during the week were 
alligator fritters, duck, & oysters. yuck]

[not too sure what this little guy is...]
 


I am so thankful for the time we got to spend with Jeremys
family. And most of all I am so thankful for Jeremy.
Im pretty sure I wouldn't have survived the
last couple months with out him.
He is my rock.

It was fun to get to know
the new sister-in-laws too cause
we already lived in AZ before they started dating.
We had such a blast and I'm so thankful Bruce surprised
us with such a fun trip.
I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. this looks like so much fun!! your pictures are incredible.

    ReplyDelete