Nov 2, 2012

T o o . h o t . f o r . b o o t s

It’s totally crazy
winter is just starting and it's still too hot to wear boots. Which, if you know me, you know I love me some boots. I still have the mindset of an Utahan so I am really wanting to get all my winter clothes out!
[btw-you totally don’t even need winter clothes here. I'm so glad I brought a thousand boxes of winter clothes & all my boots & beanies just so I could have something to fill up my storage! not. I even contemplated bringing my skis...ya, I went a little crazy packing for this move.]
 There have been a couple of cold days but I swear I haven’t stopped sweating since I got here. Ha!
So since I wore my toms all winter-YES. I wore toms  a l l  winter-they are lookin pretty beat and one of my big toes keeps poppin out. AND because I can’t seam to JUST THROW THEM AWAY, I cut them up. Waah-LA tom sandals.
 







I found it easier to cut the outer layer of canvas fabric out first, to get it out of the way, then I could get the inside layer.
I also started just ripping off the fabric because I didn't want such a straight edge from the scissors. You can see the ripped edge on the picture above ^ on the right side.
I pretty much love them!
Super easy and a good way to hold on to your toms just for a little bit longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment